Dry Needling in West Adelaide
Dry needling can be very effective in treating tight muscles and can help to improve movements and decrease pain.
The fine calibre needle is inserted into or around trigger points in the muscle, which assists with reducing tightness and helping your muscles to relax.
When the fine needle is inserted into the trigger point, blood pools around the needle. This floods the area with oxygen and fresh nutrients, while flushing away any nasty chemicals.
This action helps “release” the trigger point, resulting in a reduction of pain and an increase in mobility of that muscle or associated joint.
The needles are single-use only, meaning they are sterile and are discarded immediately after use.
Common Conditions Dry Needling Can Help
- Back and neck pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Muscle Pains
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Immunosuppressed individuals
- Acute trauma or inflammation
- Those on anit-coagulant medication (blood thinners)
Have a question for the phyx. team?
- Although a referral is not required for private clients, if you have one, please still bring it.
- Any relevant scans (we may refer you for scans if required).
- We usually need to expose the area requiring treatment. Please wear loose comfortable clothing.
Attire – Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in. Usually tights or loose comfortable clothing. Please, no crop tops.
Hydrate – So we can reduce the waste of disposable plastic cups, please bring your own water bottle. We have a filter tap you can use.
Hygiene – Pilates grips socks for hygiene and safety. If you would like to bring your own reformer mat, you may.
We have ample free parking on site.
For private clients, no referral is required. For DVA, workcover claims, 3rd party insurance claims and Medicare EPC, then a referral from your doctor is required.
Yes. We have onsite Hicaps facilities so you are able to claim your rebate on the day. Please remember to bring your card with you.
Our approach to Pilates is from a physiotherapy view point. Our focus is on working hard, mindfully and with correct technique and breathing.
During your initial appointment we will cover all or some of the following:
- Get to know you, any injuries that we need to consider, your goals.
- Correct Pilates Breathing.
- Posture – How to adopt the correct posture in standing, side lye, on your back and in sitting.
- Core education – Ensuring correct technique and determining its baseline strength (TA and Pelvic floor).
- Neutral spine – What is neutral spine, its importance and determining your neutral.