Physiotherapy in West Adelaide
Do you need help with your spine, muscles, bones, joints or nerves?
Physiotherapy can help with all sorts of injuries and pain. Whether it be getting you back to sport, work or just socialising, our physios are here to help. Our team also have special interest in pregnancy and post-natal conditions.
Just You and Your Physio
The Phyx. Philosophy is to give you the best quality treatment by giving you 100% attention (we only treat one patient at a time).
Hands On Treatment
We use a combination of hands on treatment, needling techniques, cupping and exercise therapy to get you out of pain, for good.
Your goals are our goals and we strive to provide clarity about how to get you there quickly and effectively.
Common Conditions Physio Can Help
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Postural Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pregnancy and Post-Partum
- Shoulder Pain
- Sporting Injuries
- Dance Injuries
- Pointe, Pre-Pointe Assessment
- Sprains and Strains
- Post-Operative Care
- RSI Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Pain
- Hip and Knee Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
Have a question for the phyx. team?
- Although a referral is not required for private clients, if you have one, please still bring it.
- Any relevant scans (we may refer you for scans if required).
- We usually need to expose the area requiring treatment. Please wear loose comfortable clothing.
Attire – Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in. Usually tights or loose comfortable clothing. Please, no crop tops.
Hydrate – So we can reduce the waste of disposable plastic cups, please bring your own water bottle. We have a filter tap you can use.
Hygiene – Pilates grips socks for hygiene and safety. If you would like to bring your own reformer mat, you may.
We have ample free parking on site.
For private clients, no referral is required. For DVA, workcover claims, 3rd party insurance claims and Medicare EPC, then a referral from your doctor is required.
Yes. We have onsite Hicaps facilities so you are able to claim your rebate on the day. Please remember to bring your card with you.
Our approach to Pilates is from a physiotherapy view point. Our focus is on working hard, mindfully and with correct technique and breathing.
During your initial appointment we will cover all or some of the following:
- Get to know you, any injuries that we need to consider, your goals.
- Correct Pilates Breathing.
- Posture – How to adopt the correct posture in standing, side lye, on your back and in sitting.
- Core education – Ensuring correct technique and determining its baseline strength (TA and Pelvic floor).
- Neutral spine – What is neutral spine, its importance and determining your neutral.